It works perfectly and smoothly with the stock Android screen reader “TalkBack” and improves it for the Greek language. However “Vodafone Speaking App” can also be used by any other text-to-speech application.
The application aims at users with total loss of vision or with serious eye-sight problems and they should be -old and new- postpaid or prepaid Vodafone Greece customers (free of charge).
The subscribers of other networks can use the application free of charge for one day per card SIM.
Basic application functions
• Includes a text-to-speech engine, in Greek, available to all mobile phones and tablets running Android 2.3 version and newer
• The first and the only available text-to-speech engine for Android that offers correct reading of Greek in SMS, emails, internet etc.
• Offers detailed reading of Android icons abbreviations
• Offers detailed reading of abbreviations for better understanding
• Offers well-pronounced telephone numbers for easier understanding
• Includes one-tap shortcuts for controlling the device’s accessibility features
• Works perfectly and smoothly with the stock Android screen reader application “TalkBack”, while it can be used by any other application that makes use of text-to-speech
• Allows configuration of the speech rate
• Allows dimmable reading
• It responds very fast to user’s gestures, even to devices with limited capabilities and performance
• It is size-limited, occupying a small memory space
The development of “Vodafone Speaking App” was made by e-rhetor, while the testing for application’s proper operation was conducted in cooperation with the Association of Technological Development for the Blind.