Leave your phone in your pocket, purse, laptop bag, or on the charger in the other room and still be able to trigger the hotspot feature remotely from your laptop. Note you must install both the QuickLink Hotspot Android app onto your phone and the QuickLink Hotspot Companion app onto your laptop to take advantage of the remote control functionality.
With more convenience than a home screen Wi-Fi widget on your phone, QuickLink Hotspot is accessible directly through your laptop enabling you to:
· Remotely toggle the smartphone hotspot on/off
· Receive alerts for battery life
· Monitor and receive alerts for data usage
· Get notified when devices connect
On your smartphone you'll get all of the above AND:
• Ability to configure hotspot SSIDs and passwords
• View and monitor data usage monitoring with easy to read pie charts
Help refine and give early feedback for QuickLink Hotspot and QuickLink Companion.
· You must have a phone and data plan that includes hotspot usage
· Once you install the android application and have completed the set-up, you’ll receive a link to download the free companion app for your Mac or PC
· Please be sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed on your Mac or PC
System requirements •Android smartphone 4.0 or higher •Mac OS X 10.7 or higher or a Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) computer with Bluetooth
Tested Devices • Motorola Photon Q, LG/Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Nexus but we encourage usage on any other device with Android OS 4.0 or higher
Support Please report issues with QuickLinkHotspot and QuickLinkCompanion to email@example.com. We appreciate your feedback!