The description of Discover Nature Wilderness
Customized to each conservation lands unit, from National Wildlife Refuges to National Parks and Forests, to private lands, Discover Nature Wilderness delivers experiences that are second only to having your own personal guide—an expert naturalist, willing to go at your pace, and on your schedule, regardless of cellular connectivity.
Want to see where you are in relation to various Points of Interest (POIs) identified by expert staff? Discover Wilderness delivers!
Want to see more wildlife during your visit? Discover Nature Wilderness helps you do just that!
What to know what you’re seeing? Discover Nature Wilderness helps you do that!
Want to know what, where and when others are seeing wildlife—whether you’re at home or just around the bend? Discover Nature Wilderness helps you do that too!
Discover Nature Wilderness encourages people to get out and experience nature with confidence, to lift their heads and explore their surroundings in a way that’s interactive and educational.
Suitable for users of all ages!
Incorporating outstanding local photography, comprehensive background information, exceptional design, and reliable maps, Discover Nature Wilderness is a must for getting the most out of your visit to national wildlife refuges, parks and other conservation lands!
• Online and offline map with clearly marked trails, points of interest and virtual signs ensures you know where you are and how to get where you’re going – all while learning more about what’s around you!
• Use the virtual sign mapping function to find out about a specific location’s diverse wildlife, habitat, and history.
• Share photos, and wildlife sightings with your friends and family on Facebook!
• Post GPS-tagged wildlife sightings and photographs, allowing others to share your experience and excitement! And see what wildlife others are seeing and where.**
• Record bird sightings and keep counts in your personal virtual passport.
• Check real time conditions and wildlife sightings remotely by viewing on-the-ground users’ sightings and photographs.
• Create a virtual passport of all your experiences. Build your own public lands unit photo album, bird list, and and make a record of all your most treasured experiences out in nature.
• Informational pages offer background on the specific conservation area, its hours of operation and other useful visitor information, as will as information about the mission of the broader public lands system (where applicable).
• Fun Facts entertain and educate users about the public land unit’s flora, fauna and history.
• VisAlert allows conservation lands managers to alert users to unique sightings, trail closings, hazards and other items of interest.
• Resource section includes information about local services including restaurants, hotels, rentals and others.
• Efficient content build means a quick download (nature can’t wait!).
• Built specifically for locations where you’re likely to be without cell reception for long periods of time.
• And designed to preserve battery life with on demand location mapping.
* All functions and screens will operate without cell coverage after the initial download.
** If cell service is not available for upload at the time of the sighting, tagged images and tips will upload once service is recovered.
• Discover Oke (for the Okefenokee Swamp NWR in Georgia) - Free