Use APKPure App
Get SMS Backup & Restore old version APK for Android
A simple app that backs up and restores SMS & MMS messages and call logs.
- Backup SMS (text) messages, MMS and call logs in XML format.
- Local device backup with options to automatically upload to Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Choose a recurring scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Option to select which conversations to backup or restore.
- View and drill into your local and cloud backups.
- Search backups.
- Restore/transfer backup to another phone. Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another, irrespective of the version.
- Fast Transfer between 2 phones over WiFi direct
- Free up space on your phone. Delete all SMS messages or call logs on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Tested on Android 5.0 and higher
- App only restores backups made by this app
- Backup is created locally on the phone by default, but has options to upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Email. At no time are the files sent to the developer.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app.
* Your Calls and Contact information: Backup and Restore Call Logs.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Network view and communication: Allows the app to connect to wifi for backup
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Account Information: To authenticate with Google Drive and Gmail for cloud uploads.
* Location: Only requested and used during WiFi direct transfer due to a security requirement on Android.
Last updated on Oct 18, 2023
Temporary fix for messages not restoring properly on Android 14. This may result in the correct sim not getting associated to messages on devices with more than 1 sim card.