The description of Oxford Grammar and Punctuation
Both comprehensive and easy to use, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation is an essential tool for writing at home, in the office, and at school.
• Over 250 grammar and punctuation rules clearly explained
• Uses examples of real English to clarify grammatical points taken from the Oxford English Corpus
• The supplementary section gives an overview of grammatical terms and the structure of English sentences
• Contains special longer entries on a wide range of subjects
• Includes terms specified in the school of National Strategies, making it suitable for homework as well as general use
Giving examples of real-world usage, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation provides information about grammar and punctuation that people need on a day-to-day basis. Arranged alphabetically, this dictionary contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. Readers of all levels will find this guide essential.
In addition to explaining basic terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', entries also discuss whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation gives the reader quick and easy access to the answers to these, and many other, questions of grammar completed with clear and coherent explanations, and illustrations across a broad range of topics.
NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled.
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues