Encdroid slideshow adds the following functionalities to the original Encdroid app:
- Shuffle (hence the "slideshow")
- Highlighting the last decrypted / launched file
- Icons depending on the file extension
- Filter (on filename)
- Properties: folder name, number of files, total size, filter details, last launched file
- No need of Internet permission, only local/SD encryption: means no network traffic for increased peace of mind
- and fixing some minor bugs: prevent the error "No application found to open.." when a file has an uppercase extension (e.g. JPG instead of jpg) ; clear the "Paste" option when opening a contextual menu on a new file
Explanation of permissions:
- Storage: used for viewing and exporting files to the SD card.
- Prevent sleeping: some encryption operations can run for a long time and take even longer if the device is sleeping so Encdroid temporarily prevents the device from going to sleep.
Encdroid slideshow is open source, it is possible for anyone to audit the source code or even build their own copy of the application by visiting the Github repository at https://github.com/mougino/encdroid-slideshow
This application includes cryptographic software. To see if your country allows its use, please consult http://www.wassenaar.org/