It is different from most existing products by being free and by its natural language generation with features such as inflection, tenses, using the user's gender (via settings) to alter the first-person sentences and more.
Also, my friends have found using this application to be a fun way to learn basics of new language. :)
The application includes 1000+ icons, categorised and accessible through search. It supports French pretty well, and there is a prototype for English.
Other features include:
* recent pictograms (each category has a tab listing most recently used ones)
* icons tagged with the 6 SPC colors (actions, names, descriptives etc.) for easier identification
* option to display text in capital letters
* option to softly speak each individual word when icon is pressed
* compatibility with both tablets and mobile phones
DONATE TO HELP THIS IMPROVE:
If you liked the application, you may donate to allow me to add new features/improvements much more quickly: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DY6954755BM48
* Make sure you have a text-to-speech engine properly installed (depending on your device, go to “Settings –> Language & Input-> Text-to-Speech output”, or to “Settings->Install voice data” or alike).
* To use French or English you have to set your phone/tablet language to the one you wish to use (go to your phone settings)
The application includes 5000+ ARASAAC pictograms limited to non-commercial use (Creative Commons) that must be redistributed under the same licence.
Author of the pictograms: Sergio Palao / Origin: ARASAAC / License: CC (BY-NC-SA)