Today the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria has presence in the 36 States of the Federation and the FCT, Abuja through the respective state branches.
The National Secretariat of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria is located at 32, Faramobi Ajike Street, Anthony Village, Lagos State. It has a functional website vis www.psnnational.org and the email address is [email protected]. A liaison office also exists in Abuja at Suite C3, MIB Plaza near Nolad Pharmacy Behind Anafara’A Plaza 1st Avenue Gwarimpa Estate, Abuja.
The core objectives of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria include:
a. To maintain a high standard of professional ethics and discipline.
b. To establish and maintain a high standard of pharmaceutical education in Nigeria.
c. To influence legislation for the enhancement of the image of the pharmacy profession and the practitioners.
d. To do such other things as may be incidental to the achievement of the objectives of the Society.
THE ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY OF NIGERIA
The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria drives its major objectives through several programmes notably the Annual National Conference.
Today the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria national conference is one of the best organised by popular affirmation in the comity of decent professional bodies.
The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria conferences are big and robust with an average attendance of over 2,500 which stretches to about 4,000 in a year with an AGM election.
Some of the major highlights of our annual national conferences include:
1. The Opening Ceremony which is a major platform of interaction with government, major NGOs and policy makers.
2. Plenary Sessions inculcating seminars, workshops, continuing education programmes etc.
3. Poster presentation (scientific session)
4. Group dynamics (an appraisal process of all the programmes of the technical groups of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria in an outgoing year).
5. Town Hall Meeting and the AGM
6. Closing banquet