By simply sorting your waste bins into spoilage (unusable stock), preparation (generated as part of the cooking process) and customer plate waste (returned on plate from guests) and weighing them at the end of each service (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner). The weights you enter over a three day audit period will enable the app to tell you your average waste generated per day, per cover, per service period.
The app will identify where you are generating more waste than the industry average and how much money you could save per week by reducing your waste by 20%.
• Week by week comparison to track your progress and identify the indicative cost savings for your business
• You can choose to audit your breakfast, lunch and/or dinner waste
• Browse waste action tips, recipes and spoilage prevention tips
• View case study videos
• Save downloadable practical tools into your own bespoke ‘My Folder’ for easy access
• Learn how you can play your part in supporting the sector in reducing waste and recycling more
Use this waste tracker to repeat your audit and monitor your success over time. Share your successes with your team and managers.
Please note that cost savings are indicative only and are based on an industry assumption of a typical cost saving of £1,800 per tonne of food waste. This takes into consideration average cost of purchasing food, haulage and disposal services per tonne. Unilever Food Solutions is not liable for failure to save this amount. Source: UK - WRAP, The Composition of Waste Disposed by the Hospitality Industry, 2011. IRE - Unilever Food Solutions Ireland commissioned research in 2012 among 100 Irish chefs and operators via the Restaurant Association of Ireland (RAI). Weekly cost saving assumptions based on a 7 day working week.