It cycles through up to five URLs making it ideal for trade shows, display screens in public/reception areas etc.
Example content linked to by the app includes:
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation embedded in a web page
- Google Slides presentation embedded in a web page
- Google map with live traffic
- Web cam showing a live fish tank(!)
Other uses could be for showing continuous stock updates or news tickers.
- Uses Android's immersive mode (it hides Android's on-screen buttons)
- Choose the time delay between changing pages, or reloading the same page, or displaying only one page without changing
- Up to five URLs can loaded in sequence
- URLs are always loaded from the internet and not from the local cache so the displayed page is always the latest one available
- The app can prevent the device from sleeping while the app is running in the foreground.
- The app only cycles through URLs when it is in the foreground
- The app can be set to display in portrait or landscape mode. (This may not have the desired effect on certain devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick.)
As this app is designed primarily for static displays it has also been extensively tested on the Google Nexus Player and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
If you have any questions, comments or feature requests then please email [email protected]