During an alert, users can communicate relevant emergency information, including their GPS coordinates, text, audio, and photo information as well as classify the type of emergency. In addition, users have the ability to chat with administrators and emergency personnel and share a live audio connection. Administrators and emergency personnel receive emergency alerts via a push notification, and can communicate directly with users.
Users can also be notified of emergency incidents trigged by users on-campus or off-campus.
Accessing Titan HST from the web provides quick registration, administration, and additional information and features.
- Ability for users to communicate alerts to administrators and law enforcement within their network.
- Ability for administrators to initiate a campus wide lockdown, reaching users, and law enforcement in record time.
- Two way communication between users and administrators and or law enforcement.
- Ability for administrators and law enforcement to survey the emergency status of a sites population. This data enables administrators with the emergency status of each member apart of the site; members simply update a safety status request.
- Administrators and law enforcement can view previous alerts initiated by users.
- Ability for all users to receive specific emergency broadcast messages from administrators and law enforcement via the Titan HST web portal.
- Ability for users to upload site specific Emergency Plan data; ability for all users to view site specific Emergency Plan data.
- Ability for users to export alerts, messages, and broadcast messages.