1. Install Surveillance Server app in Android phone 1.
2. Install Surveillance Client app in Android phone 2 (optional).
3. Enter the phone number of client (Android phone 2/any other phone).
4. Click Launch.
Surveillance Server (this app) constantly processes image frames from camera and analyzes for intrusion based on motion detection. If any motion is detected the picture is captured and stored in Android phone 1 simultaneously sending an SMS alert to the Client's Phone number.
If the phone number box is left blank the app behaves like a web camera (network camera).
Additional functions can be enjoyed in Android phone 2 if the Surveillance Client app (coming soon) is installed
Want more explanation - read more:
Let's say you have place for yourself and don't want anybody to mess with that place. Setting up a $300 high end surveillance system from security company would be an overkill. This app provides a free alternative (Yes, you still need a hardware).
If someone comes to that private place, you device captures photo and stores it for you to view later. Also it alerts you through sms. The sms contains a link. The link will show live video feed on any browser. (works on LAN for now.. Can be brought to WAN using NAT but not recommended since the streaming is not encrypted yet)
!!!!!!!!If you face any problems, Read this!!!!!!!
1) This app is tested to run on Samsung devices. It is designed to work on other devices as well but for unknown reasons it may fail. We are working to bring support for other devices as well. Please report if you face a problem we will respond asap.
2) We received feedback that launching again (with/without dummy phone numbers like 123 instead of leaving it empty) makes the app work. Try it out as a temporary fix.
3) Although the app is mildly CPU intensive, the main reason for crashing is because of the denial of access to camera or buffer handling capability of the device not the operation itself.
p.s.: Suggestions to improve are most welcome.