- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class, and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Connecting to Students: The teacher can either browse for student tablets from the Tutor desktop application, or allow students to connect directly to the relevant class from their Android device.
- Lesson Objectives: Students can be shown details of the current lesson, objectives and expected learning outcomes, when they connect.
- Sending Messages: The teacher can broadcast messages to one or more selected tablet devices.
- Chat: Either the student or the teacher can initiate a Chat session, and participate in group discussions.
- Requesting Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they need help.
- Class Surveys: The teacher can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students can respond in real time and the teacher can then display the results to the class.
- Question and Answer: The teacher can conduct instant student and peer assessment by delivering verbal questions to the class, using a choice of answering modes – randomly selected students, first to answer, or answering in teams.
- File Transfer: The teacher can transfer files to and from one or more selected student devices.
- Lock Screen: The teacher can lock students’ screens while presenting, ensuring student focus when required.
- Blank Screen: The teacher can blank student screens to focus attention.
- Show Screen: While presenting, the teacher can show their desktop on connected student devices. Students can then use touch-screen gestures to pinch, pan and zoom in order to highlight key information as required.
- Launch URLs: The teacher can remotely launch a selected website on one or more selected student devices.
- Student Rewards: The teacher can remotely assign token rewards to students, to recognize good work or behaviour.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: The teacher can view the current status of wireless networks and the battery strength for connected student devices.
- Configuration Options: Teachers can choose to pre-configure each Android tablet with the required classroom connectivity settings, or ‘push’ the settings out to each device from the RM Tutor application.
Additionally, for supported student devices the teacher can:
- View thumbnails of all connected student tablets from the Tutor PC application.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student tablet.
- Discreetly view (Watch Mode) the screen of any connected student tablet.
Currently supported devices are:
- All devices running Android 5.0 or above.
- Rooted devices.
- Selected devices from vendors who have provided the additional access privileges needed for screen monitoring on their tablets. Currently this includes:
Samsung - All devices shipped with Android 4.0 and above, including Galaxy Tab, S3, S4, and Galaxy Note
ASUS - MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C and ASUS MeMO Pad 10 ME102A
HP - All devices released since 1st Jan 2014, including Slate 10, Slate 21
Intel - ECS TR10CD1 and TR10CS1
LG - G Pad
Mecer - All devices, including S7, S10-3G, S101, M785, X9711, X1010, X1011
SURFpad 1, 2, 3
* Android v4.0 or later.
** RM Tutor application required.
Please note that the download of this app does not include a licence, and you must purchase a licence separately in order to use it. If you are a student or teacher looking to access this app, please contact your system administrator for support. If you are the system administrator, to purchase licences please contact your Account Manager or contact email@example.com.