Presenting my simple, beautiful and very useful Nitnem Android Application with path counter, audio of the banis to hear and read along.
This Android application consists of:
○ All banis that are present in the Nitnem Gutka.
○ Japji Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Shabad Hazare in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Jaap Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Tav Prasad Savaiye in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Chaupai Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Anand Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Rehras Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Kirtan Sohila in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Ardaas Sahib in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
○ Audio for all the banis so you can hear and read along to make less mistakes.
○ Path Counter to count the number of times you complete each bani, even if you close the application and return, the application will remember the last count of your banis :)
○ Offline viewing: Unlike other applications, we allow our patrons to view the banis in offline mode anytime and anywhere you want. To play the audio, you need be connected to the internet.
○ Very small size and light application with easy controls and focus on the Gurbanis.
**A humble request to all the users to use this application with head covered and clean hands.**
ੴ Nitnem means daily prayers for Sikh community. It is divided into three parts:
○ Morning Nitnem - Jap Ji Sahib ji, Jaap Sahib ji, Tav Prasad Swaiye, Beynti Chaopai and Anand Sahib ji
○ Evening Nitnem - Rehiras Sahib or Rehras Sahib around 6 PM
○ Night Time Nitnem - Kirtan Sohila, just before sleeping.
Some important things to know about Nitnem:
○ Japji Sahib is bestowed upon us by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, First Guru of Sikhism.
○ Jaap Sahib is the first part of Dasam Granth, 2nd holy book of Sikhs.
○ Anand Sahib is compiled by the Third Guru, Sri Guru Amar Das Ji.
○ Rehras Sahib consists of Savaiye and Benti Chaupai by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
○ Kirtan Sohila which is supposed to be recited before going to sleep is also recited before the body of a Sikh is cremated.
○ Tav-Prasad Savaiye also called Amrit Savaiye or Suhd Savaiye, is a short prayer recited as part of the 5 Banis.
I have tried my best to avoid any mistakes in the banis, still if you find any mistake just email me at [email protected] and I will correct it ASAP.
ੴ Waheguru Ji Ka Khaalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!! ੴ