The gardens are no doubt, beautiful and soothing by their very nature. But, when they are decorated with the contemporary decoration items, they look like heaven. The various materials out of which these decorative items are crafted include wood, steel, iron etc. However, there are a large variety of garden decoration items in use at present, but the main items are as mentioned under:
(1) Garden Fountains: These fountains are specially made for the purpose of placing them in the garden. They looks very elegant and attractive in the garden. These fountains are of various types like outdoor, wall and statue.
(2) Garden Sculptures: A sculpture or statue gives a great contribution in providing a lively look to a garden. They are one of the best embellishments, especially for outdoor gardens. These sculptures are mainly of two types viz. animal and figurative.
(3) Bird Baths: It is a unique item in itself. It is both a decorative and an utility item. They are basins for ornamental use. As the name suggests, they are kept in the garden for attracting the birds, to drink water from it and bath in it.
(4) Garden Plant Stands: They are meant for keeping plants. They are also found in places like atrium and patio, but are most commonly used for decorating gardens. They are generally made of metals like cast iron, wrought iron, copper, aluminum, and brass. They are also carved out of marble and other stones. These plant stands are made to withstand any weather condition.
(5) Garden Gates: Gate is a very important item, whether it is fitted in a house or a garden. Gate puts the first impression on the people coming to a place. The modern gates not only confines the area inside the gate from the surrounding area, but also serve as a decoration item. They are commonly made of teak, hardwood, wrought iron, painted steel or brass hardware.
Today's garden decoratives are masterpieces in themselves. They are both man and machine made. They are crafted with utmost care by skilled artisans; they are also fabricated with precision by sophisticated machinery. Anyway, there is no denying the fact that garden decorative items are emerging as an indispensable garden accessory. They are evergreen and they will surely not loose their charm in the times to come.
When it comes to designing a garden, there are two different philosophies about how to do it. But both philosophies can truly be considered art. One might be called art by design. This is when someone envisions their completed garden in their mind. They can see where they will place plants, fountains, and statues. They can see the colors of the plants and flowers. They know exactly where everything will be and how it will look when it is done.
The other philosophy might be considered artistic chaos. It involves creating a garden without a preconceived plan in mind. Some consider this more of a modern garden design.
Yet modern garden design really can be either-or both. Free form, unstructured design that is somewhat chaotic is modern garden design. It is similar to modern art where an artist paints whatever comes to mind in a completely unstructured, somewhat chaotic way. Yet, modern garden design can also be carefully planned. Or there may be elements of both in your modern garden.