1) Impact (car collisions, motorcycle falls, stair fall accidents, etc.); and
2) Location outside areas that are considered safe.
The SMS sent by Guardian contains a link that indicates the location when the security alert was transmitted.
Guardian also sends text messages with the location:
1) If the emergency button (PANIC) is pressed three times;
2) If the location button (I AM HERE!) is pressed once; and
3) Automatically, at the selected time interval, while the user is outside the areas that are considered to be safe.
Guardian will only monitor impact if the user is outside areas that are considered safe.
HOW TO USE GUARDIAN:
1) Set up impact and location alerts by pressing the SETUP button.
2) Enable text messages by pressing the START MONITORING button.
The user configures the application with the following information:
1) User phone number;
2) Phone number that will receive the alerts via SMS;
3) Update interval to receive SMS with location links, when the user is outside safe areas;
4) Deceleration that will activate the impact alert; and
5) Two areas that are considered safe: Area 1 and Area 2.
1) The location links sent by SMS can be opened by Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) installed on the smartphone that will receive the SMS.
2) The application will determine the location based on the WiFi networks identified by the smartphone. It is therefore necessary to activate WIFI NETWORKS and WIFI LOCATION SERVICE on the smartphone. It is not necessary to be actually connected to a WiFi network.
3) The user can set the latitude and longitude of the safe areas by pressing the buttons I AM AT AREA 1 CENTER or I AM AT AREA 2 CENTER in the Configuration screen, when the user is at the center of these areas.
4) The time interval between location messages will be reduced automatically to 10 minutes after an impact alert or PANIC button activation.
1) Battery consumption will be higher outside Safe Areas, due to the activation of the acceleration sensor.
2) To minimize the likelihood of erroneous alerts, Guardian waits a few minutes before indicating that the user has entered or left the Safe Areas.
3) The actual distance from the location informed in the SMS links may be higher than the indicated accuracy. This variation results from the precision limitation of the Wifi location services of the smartphone and from the fact that location updates are only performed every five minutes approximately.
4) Impact monitoring may take up to five minutes to be activated after leaving safety areas.
Guardian icon: credits to http://www.aha-soft.com/