The message can easily be sent from your watch, so you don't need to reach for your phone. This can be useful in situations like car accidents, feeling unsafe when walking alone, and also for patients with reduced mobility requiring assistance. The visually impaired can also benefit of this, as alternative feedback (vibration) is given.
This version of the app is only compatible with Sony SmartWatch2.
- On your phone: go to Smart Connect > SmartWatch2 > SmartWatch2 Settings
- Click on AlertSender control > Contacts
- Select one or more contacts from your list, then click OK. The app should now be ready to use.
USING THE SMARTWATCH APPLICATION. To send an SMS:
- Tap the app icon on the smartwatch. The watch will vibrate shortly to indicate that the app is running.
- Tap-and-hold for a couple of seconds on the watch. It will start pulsating regularly until the SMS is sent.
- On success, "Alert sent" will be displayed on the watch.
- On failure, "Location not found" will be displayed on the watch, and a longer vibration interval will also occur.
- When using the app outdoors: GPS must be activated, otherwise the app will most likely fail to find your location!
- When using the app indoors: it is strongly recommended that your mobile is connected to a WIFI network, so that your current location can be resolved without the need for GPS.
- We recommend to test the app to confirm that it is working, and also to get familiar with it. You can select yourself as the only contact to confirm that an SMS is sent.
Stay safe! ;)