- Nutrition Calculator (NuCal 營計寶) is a mobile application tool developed by the Centre for Food Safety (FEHD, HKSARG) for making better food choices by using nutrition labels.
- This version is suitable for Android tablet (screen resolution 600 x 1024, 800 x 1280) and phone (screen resolution 320x480, 480x800), with Android 3.0 or above.
It serves 8 main functions and features.
1. Support multi-users to set up his/her personal profile for calculating Body Mass Index (BMI) and Daily Energy Requirement.
2. Construct your personal database of your favorite prepackaged food.
3. Rank food in your personal database by contents of fat, sugars or sodium and show food which meets the conditions claiming low fat, low sugars or low sodium.
4. Exchange the information of food in your personal database with other users through Bluetooth transfer.
5. Recognize daily upper limit and daily intake goal of different nutrients in scrolling widget.
6. With the amount of food consumed, estimate how much nutrients you will take.
7. Estimate your desirable nutrient intake as compared with the daily intake upper limit.
8. Keep track of nutrient intake and percentage of daily intake upper limit with reference to intake history records. (Retain maximum 30 records). User can also delete selected records.
For details about nutrition labelling, please visit the website (www.nutritionlabel.gov.hk).
The result generated by NuCal is determined by the data entered. Food traders may change their recipe and packaging from time to time and users may keep track of the foods of their interest.
Keywords: nucal, cfs, nutrition calculator, BMI