Most of us are not drinking enough water, and with a busy on-the-go lifestyle it can be challenging to make sure you are drinking all the water you need. The Water Coach allows you to determine a personalized goal and will remind you to drink water if you fall behind schedule. The Water Coach will make hitting your daily water intake goal a habit, without requiring you to spend a lot of time tracking it.
Choosing a Goal:
• Start by dividing your weight in pounds by two to get an approximate number of ounces of fluid to drink per day. If you weigh 128 pounds you should be drinking 64 ounces (8 cups) of fluid.
• Add water if you are pregnant, lactating or in hot weather.
• Add water if you are doing intense exercise lasting more than an hour. Consider using a sports drink that contains sodium to help replace sodium lost in sweat.
• Add water if you have an illness with a fever, vomiting, diarrhea or a urinary tract infection.
• Follow your doctor’s instruction if you have kidney disease or any other medical condition requiring you to restrict your water intake.
The above are suggestions not rules. If you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables or watery foods you will need less water. If you are producing clear or light yellow urine and rarely feel thirsty, you are drinking enough fluid.
Setting a schedule:
• Start drinking water as soon as you wake up or right after your daily weigh-in. You may even want to use the Water Coach for your alarm clock.
• Complete your water drinking goal a couple of hours before bed time so that you aren’t waking up at night to pee.