Use APKPure App
Get TTSLexx old version APK for Android
An app that allows you to create a custom dictionary for Google Text-to-Speech.
TTSLexx is an application that allows you to create and use a custom dictionary for Speech Services by Google.
It is most useful for languages with stress mark such as Russian, but can also help improve reading in other languages.
At least by making it easier to use "network" (online) voices.
Read more on the app site https://sites.google.com/view/netttsengine/main/ttslexx
TTSLexx is not recommended for use with critical applications, such as TalkBack.
The possibility of TTSLexx work is totally dependent on Speech Services by Google.
TTSLexx does not support output to an audio file.
- Built-in editor that creates a TTS.lexx dictionary in the app's internal storage. (It can be accessed using:
- the Share function, which is available in almost all readers
- FastSet (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sia.netttsengine.fastset).
In the editor, with a swipe left and right, you can see what TTSLexx is receiving from the reader app and what, after processing, is passed to Google TTS.
TTSLexx picks up all dictionary changes "on the fly".
- Support for "network" voices with the ability to use a separate NET.lexx dictionary for them. ("Network" voices require a quality Internet connection, in return reducing the number of errors in pronunciation by several times.
1) Regular expressions.
2) Direct replacement of words and expressions, reading abbreviations.
" IMHO "=" In my humble opinion "
Quotation marks are required. Spaces are very important.
For the Russian language, the reading of homographs is corrected for neighboring words, their endings, prepositions, etc.
" в лесу "=" в лесу́ "
3) Replacing single words with words with the correct accent. The most voluminous part for the Russian language. Other languages do not use this. To improve performance words are only in lower case, there should be no quotation marks.
Unfortunately, accents alone can't fix everything. You have to change some letters to others and add new ones (e to и, e to o, etc. Ъ generally has a magical effect on Google Speech Synthesis).
Google's speech synthesis is constantly improving. However, even if he pronounces all the existing words correctly, writers, especially those working in the fantasy genre, will come up with new ones.
Last updated on Oct 11, 2023
compliances with Google Play requirements...