The default app is a white screen with a brightness control setting. Place your reference picture over the device and begin tracing. Great for tracing drawings and fonts, making stencils, children's colouring sheets, connect-the-dot's puzzles, etc.
You use the app to search for image references from the internet (using keywords or URL links), or an image from the device storage, or take a photo from the camera.
There is a lock button which will maximize the drawing space, and prevent the device from sleeping.
Features include: -
- a handy color adjust to change the gray-scale of the picture for better tracing contrasts.
- pan, rotate, zoom the drawing references.
- button to toggle rotate on and off
- buttons to save and share the drawing references for the future.
The app is suitable for artists, students, parents as well as casual users of all ages to do art and craft.
There is a wide range of uses for Tracer! app including: -
- traditional cell art animation and tracing
- calligraphy and font tracing (e.g. to transfer fonts onto posters and paintings)
- making stencils (e.g. for Halloween pumpkin carving; graffiti and spray painting art; Christmas snow stencils; cake decorating stencils)
- outline tracing for children (e.g. for children colouring activity; making connect-the-dots puzzles; practise writing letters and numbers)
- base template (e.g. underlay basic perspectives for drawing architectural structures like buildings;
underlay simple shapes to draw more complicated art pieces)