Why develop another app when there are tons of similar apps?
Worship Songs was developed as we couldn't find an app with latest Praise & Worship songs with both Tamil and Romanised text.
So, Worship Songs is the world's first mobile app that offers Romanised text for Tamil Christian lyrics.
Many Tamil congregations also sing English songs. Worship Songs provides many popular English songs as well so you need not look for another app.
And finally, the songs database grows rapidly. New songs are added often, so you will never miss your favourite song.
Did we mention that Worship Songs is open source? Yes, you can be a part of this project. Isn't that great?
- A large collection of latest Tamil and English Praise & Worship song lyrics. The app also has lyrics for many popular Keerthanaigal, FMPB songs, English Hymns etc.
- Romanised text for Tamil songs.
- Ability to quickly search for a song by any word you can remember in a song. For example, typing "Aara" would help you locate the song "Aarathanai Naayagan Neerae" (ஆராதனை நாயகன் நீரே)
- Songs grouped by Titles and Authors
- Elegant tabbed interface to navigate quickly between Songs, Authors and Favourites.
- Manage your favourite list of songs through "Favourties". This will help you to organize songs that will be used in next Sunday service, Small Group meetings or simply to manage your favourite list.
- Landscape mode that's optimized for projection to connected devices.
- YouTube video support for selected songs.
- Music Key support for selected songs.
- Increase/decrease the font size, distinguish Tamil text from Romanised by setting a different colour.
- Keep the screen awake while viewing a song.
- Professional design with no ads.
Q. I couldn't find a song that I am looking for. What should I do?
Refine your search terms. For example, instead of "Arathanai", try searching for "Aarathanai". Worship Songs names the song titles that matches closely with their Tamil counterparts.
Q. I still couldn't find the song. I bet it's not there in your database. What now?
You can create a new issue at our Github project https://github.com/crunchersaspire/worshipsongs-db. Worship Songs is an open source project. Anyone interested can contribute song lyrics. If you are interested, please let us know.
Q. I want to request a new feature. How do I go about that?
The songs database and the app are maintained in separate Github projects. This is because the songs database is shared by both the Android and iOS version of Worship Songs. Worship Songs for Android lives at https://github.com/crunchersaspire/worshipsongs. You can request for a new feature by creating an issue there.
Q. How do I report bugs?
Please create an issue and apply the label "Bug" in our Github project. Kindly refer the previous question for project details. Please do not report bugs through comments.
Q. How can I help you guys?
If you find Worship Songs to be useful, please give it a good rating and share your opinion. Please help others know about this app by spreading word. You can contribute song lyrics or if you are good at Android/iOS development, you can contribute code.
Q. Is there a way I can use these songs in my Church?
Absolutely. In fact, the songs database that is shipped with this app is used by Tamil Methodist Church Subang Jaya.
If you want to do that in your Church, you would need to install a software named OpenLP and replace it's default songs database with the one that ships with this app.
- Copyrighted songs are owned by respective Copyright holders.
- Linked YouTube videos are owned by respective Copyright holders.