The taco salad is a dish inspired by the Mexicans and has very many variations. It first appeared in 1960s in America. This salad takes a twist in a variety of homes in America. The meal is based on top of tortilla chips which are often crushed instead of using Spanish rice or a tortilla bowl of as a base, This makes it a dish that is similar to nachos which is a Mexican dish, with an addition of frozen cheese and lettuce.
Taco salads are excellent; it is very light and fresh making it very suitable for men and women who are 30 and above. Taco Salad Recipes give you great salad option for a delightful summer evening dinner.
Here is an example of a taco Salad Recipe that is greatly recommended.
Southwestern style shrimp taco salad
· 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 teaspoon grounded cumin
· 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
· 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
· 2 teaspoons of chipotle hot sauce
· 3/4 pound medium sized shrimp, without peels and deveined
· 2 shucked corn
· Cooking spray
· 1 cup slices romaine lettuce
· 1/2 cup sliced green onions
· 1/4 cup sliced fresh cilantro
· One can of black beans (15-ounce), cleaned and drained
· Three plum tomatoes, sliced
· 2 ounces parched blue corn tortilla flakes (about one and a half cups)
· 1/3 cup of light sour cream
· 1/4 cup diced avocado (peeled)
· Lime wedges which could be optional
Get the grill ready to medium high heat.
Mix olive oil, lime juice, grounded cumin, pounded garlic, hot sauce, and maple syrup in a small bowl, using a whisk to stir. Put the shrimp in a thin bowl. Sprinkle one tablespoon of the lime juice concoction over shrimp, toss it lightly to coat. Put aside the lime juice mixture that remained and put all that mixture aside. Filament shrimp onto some metal skewers. Use the cooking spray to lightly coat the corn. Put corn and shrimp kebabs on a grill rack that is coated with the cooking spray. Grill it for 8 minutes, turning the kebabs once and frequently turning the corn until it turns brown. Remove it from the grill let it cool slightly.
Remove the shrimp from the skewers, and place them in a large bowl. Slice the kernels from the ears of the corn. Add green onions, plum tomatoes, chopped lettuce, cilantro, black beans, and corn to shrimp. Sprinkle the set aside lime juice mixture over the shrimp mixture, gently toss it to combine.
Share out the tortilla chips evenly in six shallow bowls and top each serving with one cup of the shrimp mixture. Mix sour cream and the diced avocado in one small bowl; mash it with a fork until it is well blended. Dress each serving with approximately 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture. If you like, you can serve it with a lime wedge.