The description of SpherePlay
SpherePlay is the destination to discover virtual reality videos and photos. It also brings the power of custom portal creation to connect your device to immersive content libraries all over the web.
Whatever your tastes or interests, you will be able to custom tailor your SpherePlay VR media player channels with the content YOU want from YOUR favorite immersive media outlets and content creators.
SpherePlay is powered by VR Player, the most powerfully versatile and customizable virtual reality media player on the market capable of viewing VR video playback, interactive immersive media experiences, and even 360° LIVE streams instantly.
Use your phone as the ultimate HD virtual reality headset OR move your phone around without a headset like holding a window into another world.
• Custom portals of your favorite content providers
• Support 2D/3D photos and videos
• Supported formats: 2D mono, 3D side-by-side, 3D over/under
• Stream live feeds in hls, dash, rtsp..
• Activate voice commands
• Gamepad and keyboard supports
Available projection geometries:
• Plane (For all regular movies projected on a virtual screen)
• Dome (For action cameras like the GoPro or Kodak 360)
• Sphere (For spherical 360° videos and photos)
• Full dome (For IMAX and planetarium styled videos)
• Cylinder (For panoramic photos and videos)
• Cube (For cube maps like in video games)
Developers, visit: http://developers.sphereplay.com/
*** We value your privacy and security, so we want to be very clear on the permissions the app asks for on install.
• Take pictures and videos - For camera access in "See-Thru Mode"
• Record audio - For voice command access and accuracy. No audio gets saved or sent to us.
• Approximate location - Better accuracy of orientation and position inside of VR
• Modify or delete contents from SD card; read contents of SD card - For your file navigation access
• Find accounts on the device - To give you better and easier navigation access to your content storage locations
• Control near field communication - NFC is for detecting Google cardboard presets when NFC tag is in the HMD.
• Access Bluetooth settings / Pair with Bluetooth devices - For external bluetooth device control
• Control vibration, prevent phone from sleeping - So it doesn't interrupt your experiences.
- SpherePlay 1.1.2 for Android 4.1+ APK Download
Version: 1.1.2 (9) for Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean, API 16)
Update on: 2016-11-26
APK File SHA1: e3dd9a5063cbd4bdc9d2c0c4730661bd200dad5f
What's new: -minor video compatibility
- SpherePlay 1.1.1 for Android 4.1+ APK Download
- SpherePlay 1.1.0 for Android 4.1+ APK Download
- SpherePlay 1.0.3 for Android 4.1+ APK Download
- SpherePlay 1.0.2 for Android 4.1+ APK Download
- SpherePlay 1.0.1 for Android 4.1+ APK Download