The description of SoundHUD
SoundHUD is a highly customizable volume panel replacement that doesn't require root access. And maybe best of all: It comes with a true silent mode for Lollipop users!
What's in the box:
• Multiple styles - choose between an expandable volume panel, a statusbar volume panel, or just a thin line that stays out of your way
• Lollipop silent mode - tired of the lack of a true silent mode for Lollipop? Yeah, so are we!
• Long press actions - launch any app simply by long-pressing one of the volume buttons
• No root required - leave the drill at home: no root, no Xposed - keep that sweet, sweet warranty!
• Volume stream lock - got a media tablet? Turn on volume stream lock to always adjust the music volume instead of having to deal with a useless ringer volume
• ...and much more!
Like Lollipop's design and simplicity? It sure is swell, but it seems the stock volume panel didn't get the memo - if you've tried getting Lollipop to shush while still getting woken up in the morning, I'm pretty sure you were on the verge of feeding your phone to Rusty (pro-tip: plastic doesn't make a very good dog treat!). Enter SoundHUD, which comes with a true silent mode for Lollipop, an expandable volume panel with separate, draggable volume sliders for every volume stream (ringer, music, notifications, alarms, in-call volume), and much more!
Silent mode HOW-TO
1. Go to System settings -> Sound & notification -> Interruptions
2. Turn OFF all priority interruption switches
3. Get up, do a little dance, and enjoy the silence! No more calls, notifications, reminders - just alarms!
What's this funny "Accessibility"-business?!
To recognize when you press the volume keys and to auto-hide the default system volume panel, the app needs access to the "Accessibility" service. While we agree that the built-in warning sounds mighty scary - fret not: The app doesn't have Internet access and therefore can't phone home! Hello? Hello? Anyone? No? Oh well...
Made with ♥ in Germany
SoundHUD is based on Noyze by Tom Barrasso, licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.