Sky Map APK
Sep 27 2016
The description of Sky Map
Originally developed as Google Sky Map, it has now been donated and open sourced.
The Map doesn't move/points in the wrong place
Make sure you haven't switched into manual mode. Does your phone have a compass? If not, Sky Map cannot tell your orientation. Look it up here: http://www.gsmarena.com/
Try calibrating your compass by moving it in a figure of 8 motion or as described here
Are there any magnets or metal nearby that might interfere with the compass? Try switching off "magnetic correction" (in settings) and see if that is more accurate.
Why is autolocation not supported for my phone?
In Android 6 the way permissions work has changed. You need to enable the location permission setting for Sky Map as described here:
The Map is jittery
Try adjusting the sensor speed and damping (in settings). We have a better solution coming soon!
Do I need an internet connection?
No, but some functions (like entering your location manually) won't work without one. You'll have to use the GPS or enter a latitude and longitude instead.
Can I help test the latest features?
Sure! Join our beta testing program and get the latest version.
Find us elsewhere:
* https://github.com/sky-map-team/stardroid (github - source code)
* http://goo.gl/XWjRg (Google Plus)
- Sky Map 1.9.1f for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
Version: 1.9.1f (1475) for Android 4.0.3+ (Ice Cream Sandwich MR1, API 15)
Update on: Sep 26 2016
APK File SHA1: c07b07c93da019f36a85768744aaeb2802d7865e
- Sky Map 1.9.1 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.9.0b for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.8.6b for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.8.5 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 22.214.171.124 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.8.3 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.8.2 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.8.0 for Android 4.0.3+ APK Download
- Sky Map 1.6.4 for Android 1.5+ APK Download