Beauty bloggers - research ingredients while you write and find alternative products to recommend to your readers - or for yourself!
What you get:
* Skincare product alternatives, sorted by percentage of ingredients in common
* Ingredient lists explained - tap on the ingredient name to read about it & what it does!
* Find products by ingredient - Love green tea skincare? Tap on it or search for it to get a list of all products containing green tea
* Latest dupes - 100% matches, 90% and 80%
* Latest products - Stay updated on the latest products added to the database
* In app online shopping
What is a dupe?
A dupe or “duplicate” product, is a product that’s a cheaper alternative to or very much similar to another, often much more expensive product. This vernacular is often used in online makeup communities/forums and blogs.
What’s the criteria for a product to be labelled a dupe?
A dupe product (at least on SkinCareDupes.com) is so-called when the product has the same active ingredients as the original, when it works the same way and offers the same results at a cheaper price.
Why do people search for skin care dupes?
Dupes in skincare are sought after for many reasons, the most common are when:
* You love a product but don’t love the price and want a cheaper alternative
* You love a product but it’s hard to find, sold out, not available, discontinued or can’t be shipped to where you live
* You love a product but one or two ingredients don’t suit you or your skin for whatever reason (allergies, reactions, fragrance, feel, tests on animals, etc.)
* You love a product or ingredient & are curious to find similar products with the same formula/ingredient that will give you the same results
* You’re away from home (travelling, moved to a different country) and need a product you can buy locally that’s similar to one you love
Email me directly for feedback, questions or to add a product: submit (at) skincaredupes (dot) com