This is a LITE version of The Sibley eGuide to the Birds of North America but is fully functional and includes ONLY 30 species, compared to 813 species in the full app. If you like the way this app works please check out the full version.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 28MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
The Sibley Guide to Birds has become the most popular and fastest selling printed guide to birds as well as the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to North American Birds. Now this free LITE version includes:
* Over 240 hi-res images including detailed maps showing not just winter and summer range but also migration and rare occurrence.
* Every species is shown perched and in flight from above and below.
* Shows every major seasonal, age, and male/female variation.
* Detailed coverage of subspecies and regional variations.
* Detailed descriptions of songs and calls, comparing similar species measurements of length, wingspan, and weight for almost every species.
Now all of that information is available in an easy-to-navigate portable format on any Android device. In addition this version of the app also includes:
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● One-tap enlargement of images and rotating the device expands images further.
● Over 190 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings. Nearly all species are represented with multiple examples showing the range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen.
● The ability to filter by state/province, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to the most common birds in that area.
● The ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, prominent colors, habits, and group.
● A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device* with the ability to export the list to your SD card or email.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the app will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com