This is a tool that control the orientation / rotation of the screen
This is a tool app that can change the orientation and rotation of the screen regardless of the attributes of the displayed application.
The screen can be fixed in a specific orientation or, conversely, rotated according to the sensor.
You can change the screen orientation from the notification area. It is also possible to associate a specific application with the screen orientation and switch settings when the application starts.
Not all settings are available because some screen orientations are not supported by some devices.
Because this app forcibly changes the display of the running application, it can become inoperable or, in the worst case, cause a crash.
Please use at your own risk.
Even if a problem occurs, please refrain from making inquiries to the developer of the application as it will be a nuisance.
How this app works
This application displays the UI on a layer above other general applications.
It's transparent, no size and untouchable, so it's invisible to the user, but by changing the screen orientation requirements of this UI, it has a higher priority than apps that are normally visible to the user. The OS recognizes it as a high instruction.
In addition, this application will remain resident in the background to display the UI even after it is closed.
Therefore, the UI that resides in the notification bar is displayed. This is because Android rules need to display something in the notification bar in order to stay in the background.
Due to this mechanism, there are some restrictions.
- Although it can change the display of the notification bar, it cannot hide. I often request that you want to turn off the display, but please note that this is impossible due to the system.
- The system may recognize that it is the cause of battery consumption. In that case, this application may be terminated. If the app quits frequently, you may be able to avoid it by setting power saving, so please check the settings of your device.
- Since it has a UI above other apps, it may be recognized as an app that induces unauthorized operations. Therefore, this application may be detected and a warning may be displayed or operation may be prohibited. This app is not such an app, but please note that it will be an unavoidable problem as long as it uses the same mechanism as the fraudulent app.
- If you use this app together with other apps that display overlays, it may cause functional conflicts and may not function properly.
Settings possible with this application
The following settings are possible
- Unspecified orientation from this app. Device will be the original orientation of the displayed app
- Fixed to portrait
- Fixed to landscape
- Fixed to reverse portrait
- Fixed to reverse landscape
- Rotate in all orientations by sensor (system control)
- Fixed to portrait, automatically flip upside down by sensor
- Fixed to landscape, automatically flip upside down by sensor
- Rotate it 90 degrees to the left with respect to the sensor. If you lie on left lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
- Rotate it 90 degrees to the right with respect to the sensor. If you lie on right lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
- Rotate 180 degrees with respect to the sensor. If you use this by headstand, the top and bottom will match.
- Rotate in all orientations by sensor (app control)
- Rotate in forward orientations by the sensor. Does not rotate in reverse orientations
- Rotate in reverse orientations by the sensor. Does not rotate in forward orientations
- If you can not fix in the opposite direction of the portrait / landscape, try changing the system setting to auto-rotate
Source code is published under the MIT license.
What's New in the Latest Version 6.1.2
Last updated on Mar 29, 2023
- Minor fix