This application, QuranXplore, hopes to make this task easier, enabling you to find relevant verses, whatever words you start with.
The search function automatically includes synonyms of the words your exploration starts with. The search function also checks multiple translations of the Qur'an. This increases the chances of finding verses containing words that have the same meaning as the words you start with.
Following that, you can use concept-relationships to extend the search to words of broader (more general), narrower (more specific), or similar meanings. For example:
* Broadening your search on 'money' will find verses containing 'wealth'
* Narrowing your search on 'mercy' will find verses containing 'pardon', 'reprieve', 'respite', etc.
* A similar search on 'proud' will find verses containing 'arrogant', 'conceited', 'haughty', etc.
You can repeat this concept-relation search as many times as you like. For example, having broadened the search on 'money' to find verses containing 'wealth', further broadening 'wealth' can find verses containing 'belonging', 'holding' or 'property'.
In addition to the these types of exploration, you can also choose to look for verses that are similar to any verse you found, ie. containing meanings in common with it.
You can save your current exploration and return to it anytime later to continue (you can have many saved explorations and switch between them at will).
Finally, QuranXplore can also display results from renowned collections of Hadiths, an important secondary source of guidance for Muslims, allowing you to see side by side both the Qur'anic verses and Hadiths relevant to the issue at hand.
Insha Allah, we hope you will find this a useful learning, reference and discovery tool, and especially, one that will help you research, by referring to the words of Allah SWT and the Sunnah of his Prophet SAW, the veracity or otherwise of any claim of an Islamic position on any issue by any party.
* Start exploring with English words of your choice; add specific verse references and Special Terms (transliterated Arabic words), if desired
* Select sources (Qur'an, Hadith, Commentary) to search on
* Display results of a search as a page of verse overviews
* From a results page, extend exploration to find words more general, more specific or similar to those used on the page
* From a verse overview, choose to search for verses similar to it
* Use a graphical map of pages to navigate directly to any results page
* From a verse overview, choose to see its details
* Select which translators' text to show when viewing Qur'an verse details
* Delete a verse overview, if you consider it irrelevant to your exploration
* Save your current exploration and return to it anytime later to continue (you can have many saved explorations and switch between them at will)
* Define custom tags (case-insentitive strings) and associate tag(s) with any verse
* View and explore verses tagged with one or more tags
* Manage your tags: rename, merge or delete them