In software testing good test coverage as well as minimizing test effort are essential. Decision tables are often used as a formal testing technique in many situations.
The Qualityhouse Decision Table tool supports various algorithms to minimize the number of test cases. The QH-method yields the best reduction in test cases and guarantees acceptable test coverage.
With the tool you can create and simplify decision tables. The various optimization algorithms are described in the paper ‘Testset reduction by optimizing decision tables, the QH-method’ by Hans Hoezen.
The Qualityhouse Decision Table tool allows to:
- Create, Open and Save decision tables
- Edit decision tables
- Simplify decision tables using various algorithms
- Manage conditions and actions
The QH-method is:
• optimized tables result in fewer test cases, yet yield fair coverage
• independent of the order of the conditions
• view of physical test cases
• fewer test cases reduce test time
The author is not responsible for any damage, loss of data or any other inconvenience as a result of the use of Qualityhouse Decision Table tool.