After a brief set up, the panic app is ready to be used at any time you require assistance. Just HIT the virtual panic button in the center, and the application will immediately dial one pre-defined number and send a Panic SMS to up to 5 contacts informing them that you require assistance and your location on Google Maps.
A second call option is also provided in case the primary contact us not available. The application can also be used to call Emergency Services such as the Police, Fire department or Medical Services.
The purpose of this application is to assist you when in need. However, it is dependent on various factors that may need your attention:
1. The Call and Text messages are charged as per usual network rates. It is therefore important to check your airtime balance status.
2. The GPS co-ordinates received are network dependent.
3. Depending on network traffic a slight delay may occur during transmission of coordinates.
4. The recipient of the text message will require a web browser enabled phone to receive the locations on Google maps. With phones without a web browser, only coordinates will be shown.
After Installing the App, please follow the steps below:
1. Click the Settings Icon.
2. Click on the Text message tab and fill in the Name and the Phone Number of the contacts of your choice and click Save.
3. Click on the Voice Call tab and fill in the Name and the Phone Number of the contacts of your choice and click Save.
4. Click on the Emergency Service tab and fill in the Name and the Phone Number of the services of your choice and Click Save.
5. Click Back