Optimizing the data being sent between the devices, enables us to provide a service that operates on networks with low bandwidth throughput. This means our app will work on 2G (GPRS/EDGE), 3G (H/H+), or 4G (LTE) mobile networks, and even slow WiFi connections. Optimized data also allows our app to work more reliably in areas of poor signal reception, regardless of the network type, as the required number of successfully delivered packets is substantially lower than that of more traditional VoIP services. You will also benefit in using our app, as a lower data requirement, means less of your monthly allowance is used for the same amount of talk time. In essence our App takes a great amount of stress of the network infrastructure, and thus allows for lower costs and a better user experience.
NIC Call features an up-to-the-second data counter on your in-call screen so you can see, with a glance, how much your current call has used. Combining this with the variable call quality option, you are in full control of squeezing the very best from each remaining megabyte.
NIC Call syncs directly with your existing phone contacts, enabling you to quickly get setup and start enjoying the benefits of our app. The app follows traditional calling and messaging methods that ensures a reliable communication platform for all users, while adding new features that help make your life easier without being confusing to use.
Some of these features include:
- By registering, you receive a free gift equating to €3, to call or text Irish mobile phones & landlines.
- Send chat messages, voicemails, pictures, videos, SMS, files, and even your current GPS location.
- Create groups to share your thoughts or files with friends & colleagues.
- Calls can be made over any mobile data connection: 2G, 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi.
- Free voicemail so you don't miss a thing.
- Customized Ringback Tune to impress your friends.
- This App even does optimized, low bandwidth, email; and you get a free email account with every registration as @horizon-call.com.
* Data rates from your Mobile Network Operator do apply.