If the app is not working correctly, maybe the app permissions are not granted correctly in your device. Go to Settings->Apps->Permissions to grant all the required permissions.
Mobile app which has the following features
- Built-in web server to access your phone.
- Use your phone camera for surveillance.
- Remotely view and control your phone through the web control panel.
- Remotely start up surveillance feature using SMS.
- Control access to the app through lock pattern.
- Motion detection and face detection using different algorithms.
- Trigger alarm through SMS or email at configured interval and triggers.
- Save detected images to cloud storage or attach in email.
- Ability to disguise the camera and close the app when device is touched.
- Turn your phone into webcam or remote surveillance camera using any applications that support DirectShow API, e.g. Skype or VLC Media Player. More details at http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/791991/Use-Android-Phone-as-Webcam-and-Surveillance-Camer
- Turn your phone into a SMS gateway - support REST APIs for SMS sending and receiving. More details at http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/857539/SMS-Gateway-using-Android-Phone
- REST APIs to manipulate contact, photo, video and audio.
- REST APIs to send MMS.
- REST APIs to capture photo
- REST APIs to make phone call
- REST APIs to read sensor data
For more details, check out http://www.mymobkit.com/