What is "normal?" Apparently, Dyslexia is enough to brand someone as a "Dyslexic," a term used quite negatively in conversation.
What does that even mean? Are we any less intelligent or less hard-working? Formal scientific research says "NO!" In fact, people with dyslexia provide a unique solution to common issues because of their highly complex brain structure and reasoning ability.
But, for these people with dyslexia, society still has not found a solution to reading difficulty: We use text-to-speech software or just choose to struggle reading. That approach is not feasible. We saw the problem and decided to make an app to address it. Introducing Mind Glass:
• AWARD-WINNER The Verizon Innovative App Challenge is a program that encourages Middle and High School Students to submit app concepts that are evaluated after an intense selection process. The Top 4 Middle School and Top 4 High School teams are considered "Best in Nation" Winners, and our Team had the honor of this award! We were honored to be a presenter at the 2015 Technology Student Association National Conference.
• CUSTOMIZABLE: Our Team knows that you read differently than others, that's why we made the app customizable to YOU. Read what you like, how you like it.
• FURTHERING SCIENCE: Science has been forever puzzled by Dyslexia. We collect anonymous data about the words that are harder for you to read and compile them so that science can begin to do research and finally UNDERSTAND reading disorders. One small act, One big advance for humanity.
• READ TEXT CUSTOMIZED: Our Team understands that it's not useful for you unless you can read in your preferred setting. With Version 1.0.4, Mind Glass Introduces customization! Read any text that you cut and paste in your preferred format with ease.
• CONSTANT DEVELOPMENT: We are very passionate about our work at Mind Glass: We came together to address the need we saw in our community and our lives. Together, we promise you that we will work as long as it takes to see all people reading with ease. We won't let YOU down. Version 2.0 is being created as you read this message. We are working to eventually be able to read any printed text using the camera in your preferred setting.
• EDUCATION EQUALITY: Students in schools with Special Education programs do not know the pleasure of interacting with other students in the classroom. They are usually singled out by their peers, an entirely unjust consequence, especially for students with reading disabilities. Mind Glass allows these students to reach their full potential and excel in school, because reading disabilities don't just hinder educational progress, they hinder friendships too.
Mind Glass presents the solution for turning reading disabilities into an ADVANTAGE. Welcome to the future of reading.
By downloading this app, you are helping to create a world with no Dyslexia. With your support we hope to construct this app to work with the Scottish Rite's Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia remedial instruction effort.
A sincere "Thank You" for your support. ~Team Mind Glass