Marymount International School, Paris is part of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), a movement founded in the mid-19th Century by Father Jean Gailhac in the south of France. Having begun with a handful of Sisters committed to providing shelter for orphans and women in need in Béziers, the order expanded to several countries within the first few decades.
In 1908, the RSHM expanded its mission in ways very much ahead of its time, by opening Marymount College in Tarrytown, New York, which would provide young women with a truly international education. To serve this purpose, study centers were opened in Paris, London and Rome to welcome Marymount students.
The center in Paris was opened on September 30, 1923 and, having served various educational purposes throughout the decades, it arrived at its current form, as an international school, in 1972. Through all this time, however, the same vision has driven all that Marymount has done - the RSHM’s mission inspired by the words of Jesus in the Gospel of St. John 10:10, “that all may have life”.
At Marymount International School, Paris we are proud to continue to serve this mission both in our expressions of Catholic faith and in the welcome we extend to students from all faith backgrounds, and in our striving to engage each young learner’s mind and heart.