NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL ON SD CARD!
Follow @kontalknet on Twitter or identi.ca to keep up to date with the latest changes and on service status!
Kontalk is a secure instant messenger, allowing you to send and receive text, image and voice messages (other file types coming soon) to and from other Kontalk users completely free of charge (*).
• Your phone number is your ID. No usernames or passwords
• It automatically finds other Kontalk users by looking at your address book, making it even easier to start chatting on Kontalk with your friends
• End-to-end encryption ensures safe and private conversations, so that only you and the person you are talking to can read them
• Your and all phone numbers used on the network are irreversibly encrypted
• It supports multiple devices, making it very easy to start chatting on your phone and continue the conversation on your tablet
• Based on open standards: XMPP and OpenPGP
Kontalk is a completely Open Source community project, with all the source code hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/kontalk), allowing everyone to inspect its security and improve it.
The network relies on community donations to keep the infrastructure running, so if you can, please donate on http://kontalk.net/. Even small donations matter.
You can find all permissions used by the app explained at this page: https://github.com/kontalk/androidclient/wiki/Android-client-permissions
(*) Carrier fees for Internet traffic may apply