A fully functionnal secret recorder which allows recording :
- voice recorder : from main activity screen or notification bar
- spy recorder :remotely from the agenda (just create an event with special keyword)
- spy recorder : automatically when holding phone in special positions of your own choice (use accelerometer)
- call recorder : automatically if shaking the phone when receiving/calling a phone call
You can play, stop, erase, sort the recorded files
You can record in mp3 (lame library : www.mp3dev.org) or Wav format
You can mark records as important
You can synchronize records to your Dropbox account
You can send records by mail
The app can access to your phone contacts to display name and photo
And more to come
IMPORTANT : capturing phone audio is not an easy task. All phones do not react the same way as hardware is different. You should stop any other phone recorder before trying this one ... or the various Apps may conflict.
tips and tricks :
1) to start recording when switching off your smartphone :
- Screen being On, hold your phone vertically
- switch off your screen, your phone wll vibrate
- turn your phone flat, the screen facing up in less than 1s. The phone will vibrate again and recording will start
- turn it vertically, recording will pause
- turn your phone flat, the screen facing up and the recording will start again
- turn it on the right side, screen facing you, and recording will stop
Postions to trigger recording, pause and stop are fully configurable as well as arming duration and vibration duration (see "Haptic Interface")
2) to record an event in your agenda
- at the very bottom of the prefs menu, choose le calendar you want to use (Calendar name)
- create a new event and don't forget to insert the "magic word" to enable recording (text to trigger recording)
- you can insert this text anywhere into title, location or description of your meeting (by default this text is $rec$ )
- recording will start automtically at hte beginning of the meeting and stop at the scheduled end. This will work even if your phone is locked.
3) to record from the notification bar
- open notification drawer
- with two fingers on "Secret Recorder" pull down the notification and the buttons Rec, Pause and Stop should appear.
4) to listen a record
- click on the right icon
- click long on this icon will show a pop up menu
- the blue progress bar can be used to play back recording
- recorded files are writen into the "SD Card" into "Secret Recorder" folder
5) to delete a record
- swippe it right or left
- click long the icon and "delete"
6) to delete, mark, sort selected records
- select them with checkboxes
- click on "Actions" and choose which you want
7) to go further explore the prefs menu
- noticfication leds (may not work on all devices)
- choose notification bar icons
- haptic interface parameters
8) to avoid the notification
- install application and launch it
- open notification drawer and long click on "Secret Recorder"
- click on "App info" and unselect "Show notifications"
This App requires access to :
OUTGOING_CALLS to fetch the phone number
READ_CALENDAR to fetch the triggered events for recording
READ_CONTACTS to fetch and display contact's name and photo
EXTERNAL_STORAGE : to write audio files
READ_PHONE_STATE : to access accelerometer
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : to start up during boot
RECORD_AUDIO : obviously to record audio !
No private information is sent by the App to anywhere on internet, your privacy should be preserved.
Ads are served by Mopub, please see their site for further information