Here is the IMU dictionary and phrasebook in a nutshell:
● About 9 000 most important and frequent words and word combinations.
● About 4 000 phrases on topics that are vital to any tourist, such as accommodation, eating out, transportation, shopping, and emergency situations.
● Browse the phrasebook by section or search for phrases by keywords.
● Tourist’s phrases and most frequent responses to them can be typically found in the same section. This makes communication fast and easy.
● Make the application “talk” by pressing the speaker icon next to a phrase.
● If a Russian word, word combination, or phrase can not be found in the Russian-Finnish dictionary and phrasebook, it will be automatically translated into English by the PROMT machine translation application. You will probably make yourself understood.
● Make use of the translation history to pick the translation of frequently used phrases.
● If you need help of a professional interpreter, you can call an automatic Call-center, specify your requirements and get contact information of translators and interpreters working with the Finnish, English and Russian languages.
● The application requires an Internet connection.
● For better results, please search by keywords rather then by typing in the whole phrase.
If you like the IMU application, please rate us on the Google play.
For more information please visit the homepage of the IMU project: http://imu.iac.spb.ru/en/