According to the otrs.com, starting with OTRS 5, the iPhoneHandler required to run DS Helpdesk is no longer supported. For the moment DS Helpdesk does not work with OTRS version 5.
The DS Helpdesk App provides users free and mobile access to the OTRS Help Desk System, from any devices running an Android OS.
The application allows remote real-time ticket managing, ensuring a quick response time and user flexibility.
DS Helpdesk is an access interface App not build by otrs.com team and we don't want to take any credit for their work.
In order for the DS Helpdesk App to comunicate with the OTRS Help-Desk, it requires that the OTRS has the iPhoneHandle package (http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/packages/iPhoneHandle-1.0.1.opm) installed.
DS Helpdesk requires an OTRS 3.x version and the corresponding iPhoneHandle 1.0.
Also, an Android device with a 2.1 version or higher is required, along with a high speed internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
- displays tickets using different view types: "Queue View", "Status View", "Escalation View"
- allows ticket handling customization, according to users' necessities
- displays user's tickets grouped by the following criteria: watched, locked and responsible
- allows users to create new tickets
- provides personalized ticket management, moving a ticket to any different Queue, changing the tickets' owner or closing any specific ticket
- provides the facility of creating new notes, replying to customers using email services, giving the user easy and flexible ways to handle customers requests, thus improving service delivery.
Please note that for using all DS Helpdesk features in OTRS 3.1.1 or new you need to remove some default limitation. To do that please ask your OTRS administrator to go on:
Admin -> SysConfig -> Select iPhone -> Click on API, remove any values from fields( ex. (MoveList|MoveTicket) on iPhone::API::Object###TicketObject field) and click Update