NOTE: This package itself is a free demo app. To unlock its full potential, buy the unlock key (that key does not replace this app, which you still need to download). More details below.
Have you ever found someone's lost phone and wanted to do the right thing by returning it to its owner? Did you have trouble figuring out the owner's name, home phone number or family contacts? This app was designed to solve that problem for android phones that allow lock screen widgets (versions >= 4.2)!
If you are worried about losing your phone, and are hoping that an honest person finds it, this app will provide that person with access to contacts of your choice, which hopefully include your home phone, ICE (In Case of Emergency) and your closest friends and family members. Even if a more dishonest person finds it, at least they will be unable to use your phone to its full potential as their own. Assuming that your phone has a locking mechanism, someone who can't unlock your phone can only call the small number of contacts that you provided.
- Provides a widget that can be added to the lock screen.
- The widget displays a customize-able header and a short message.
- It is recommended that you use your name as a heading.
- Click on the widget to open up a list of contacts.
- IMPORTANT: Without the lock key, this app is in demo mode, and if you phone is protected by a pattern or password, you will need to enter it before accessing the list of contacts. With the unlock key, an activity will appear over the lock screen containing the contacts list, without authenticating on the lock screen.
- Click on the settings button in the top-right corner of the widget to adjust settings.
- The settings activity allows you to customize the heading, message and list of contacts.
- You can add a contact to the list manually.
- You can also import any number of contacts from your account.
- To edit a contact, simply click on it.
- To remove a contact from the list, grab the left side of the row, then drag it to the right.
- To reorder contacts in the list, grab the left side of a row, then drag it up or down.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to save changes when you are done!
- Buying the unlock key also disables ads.
- If you do not have the unlock key, all activities in this app will have an action bar button that directs you to the unlock key on Google Play.