Avid MediaCentral | UX Compatibility
Android OS v4.4.x , v5.x, and v6.x are supported on MediaCentral UX mobile app v2.9. You can install the MediaCentral UX mobile app on Android devices with these qualified operating system versions. Note that Avid has tested and supports the MediaCentral UX mobile app only on the following smart phones and tablets:
• Google Nexus 5
• Google Nexus 6
• Google Nexus 9
• Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
• Samsung Galaxy S5
• Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Android devices are supported on MediaCentral UX v2.0 and later connecting to MediaCentral Platform Services v2.0 and later.
For more information on MediaCentral Platform Services compatibility with the MediaCentral UX mobile app for Android devices, see Avid’s Knowledge Base.
• View all of your system queues and stories
• Stories include normal text, presenter text, close captioned text, and production cues
• Browse and play Interplay assets
• Auto-login available to eliminate the need to re-enter your user credentials
• Move between stories and queues using the navigation drawer
• View and play assets from your Interplay Production database
Presenter mode (tablets only)
• Customize your display options for font size, text display, and skipping blank stories
• Real-time updates
• Rundown is backed up locally, so that you can continue working if you lose connectivity
• Paginated Scripts eliminate the need to scroll up or down
• Play a story’s associated Interplay Production video sequence directly from the embedded video player
• Launch a sequence into the full-screen player to see more detail
MediaCentral UX on your Android device requires connectivity to your Avid MediaCentral and iNEWS systems. Your organization may require a VPN connection to access your system remotely. If you have issues connecting MediaCentral UX to your system, or if you would like to add MediaCentral UX to your Avid environment, please contact your system administrator.