A Practical Guide to the Management of Medical Emergencies
"Try before you buy" - Download the FREE App, which includes sample content. In-App purchase required to unlock all content.
Extremely popular resource has become the definitive pocket guide to the management of medical emergencies for front-line hospital doctors. It provides detailed guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of all common conditions and includes a step-by-step guide to the nine most important practical procedures in acute medicine.
Acute Medicine offers an accessible and concise guide to the practical management of all acute medical problems likely to be encountered in the emergency department, ambulatory care centre, acute medical unit or on the wards.
Reflecting the maturation of acute medicine as a separate specialty, the content is divided into common presentations, specific problems and procedures. New to the this edition is a chapter on bed-side ultrasonography; throughout, emphasis is placed on patient safety, and the use of flow diagrams, tables and figures ensures that key information is quickly accessible.
Thoroughly revised by experts in the subject, and updated to reflect current approaches to diagnosis and management, Acute Medicine is an excellent companion for the trainee as well as an aide-mémoire for the more experienced physician.
- No internet connection is required to access the content after the initial download. Find information quickly using powerful SmartSearch technology. Search part of term for those hard to spell medical terms.
ISBN 10: 111864428X
ISBN 13: 978-1118644287
Please purchase a yearly auto-renewing subscription to receive content access and available updates.
Yearly auto-renewing payments- $54.99
Payment will be charged to your mode of payment you select at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be disabled at any time by going to your App “Settings” and tapping “Manage Subscriptions”. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
If you have any questions or comments, email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-299-3000
Terms and Conditions - https://www.skyscape.com/terms-of-service/licenseagreement.aspx
Editor(s): David C. Sprigings, John B. Chambers
Publisher: John Wiley & Son Inc. and its affiliates
What's New in the Latest Version 3.7.2
Last updated on Oct 30, 2023
- Keep your app updated to get the latest experience on your Android phones & tablets
- We want you to get notified about exclusive offers, promotions, & discounts. This updates does this directly through in-app notifications
- We have also updated our billing system with the latest Google Billing Library to ensure smoother and more secure transactions.
- Our app is now compatible with Android 13, ensuring compatibility with the latest features and improvements offered by the Android platform.