The description of Zaid Shakir - Islamic Lectures
Imam Zaid Shakir , Islamic Audio Lectures integrated with www.muslimcentral.com
Download, stream or queue episodes and enjoy them the way you like with adjustable playback speeds and a sleep timer.
Save effort, battery power and mobile data usage with powerful automation controls for downloading episodes(specify times, intervals and WiFi networks) and
deleting episodes (based your favourites and delay settings).
ORGANIZE AND PLAY
• Manage playback from anywhere: homescreen widget, system notification and earplug and bluetooth controls
• Enjoy listening your way with adjustable playback speed, remembered playback position and an advanced sleep timer (shake to reset, lower volume and slow down playback)
• No Ads or in-app Purchase Offerings
• Background playback support
• Offline playing episodes
KEEP TRACK, SHARE & APPRECIATE
• Keep track of the best of the best by marking episodes as favourites
• Find that one episode through the playback history or by searching (titles and shownotes)
• Share episodes and feeds through advanced social media and email options, and via OPML export
CONTROL THE SYSTEM
• Take control over automated downloading: exclude mobile networks, select specific WiFi networks, require the phone to be charging and set times or intervals
• Manage storage by setting the amount of cached episodes, smart deletion (based on your favourites and play status) and selecting your preferred location
• Use App in your language (EN, DE, CS, NL, NB, JA, PT, ES, SV, CA, UK, FR, KO, TR, ZH)
• Adapt to your environment using the light and dark theme
• Back-up your subscriptions with the OPML export
Our Apps are all AD-FREE!
Imam Zaid Shakir is a co-founder, Board of Trustees, and Faculty member of Zaytuna College in Berkeley, CA.
Zaid Shakir was born in Berkeley, California and accepted Islam in 1977 while serving in the United States Air Force. Zaid Shakir obtained a BA summa cum laude in International Relations at American University in Washington D.C. and later earned his MA in Political Science at Rutgers University. In 1983, he co-founded Masjid Al-Huda in New Brunswick, N.J. and was the Imam for 4 years.
After a year of studying Arabic in Cairo, Egypt, in 1988 he settled in New Haven, Connecticut and continued his community activism, co-founding Masjid Al-Islam, the Tri-State Muslim Education Initiative, and the Connecticut Muslim Coordinating Committee. As Imam of Masjid Al-Islam from 1988 to 1994 he spear-headed a community renewal and grassroots anti-drug effort, and also taught political science and Arabic at Southern Connecticut State University. Zaid Shakir served as an interfaith council Chaplain at Yale University and developed the Chaplaincy Sensitivity Training for physicians at Yale-New Haven Hospital. He then left for Syria to pursue his studies in the traditional Islamic sciences.
For seven years in Syria, and briefly, in Morocco, he immersed himself in an intense study of Arabic, Islamic law, Quranic studies, and spirituality with some of the top Muslim scholars of our age. In 2001, Imam Zaid was the first American to graduate with a BA in Islamic Sciences from Syria’s prestigious Abu Noor University.
Zaid Shakir is a co-founder and chairman of United For Change since 2009. This effort through modern discourse is to create awareness of the broadest and most consuming topics within the Muslim community. The aim is to leverage the diversity through cooperation and goodwill and address the obstacles that have proven to be divisive.