The description of WiFi Companion
Turn your Wi-Fi on and off in a smart way and privately store useful information from the Wi-Fi networks you use
Your WiFi will only be turned on when you need it and is near a Wi-Fi network, in order to save battery, in a fully configurable way according to your needs.
Your WiFi will turn on when you are using your phone. But while the screen is off, it will turn on at your chosen frequency. You can even vary this frequency based on the day or time using profiles, it's up to you.
In addition, you can perform a location optimization by choosing to turn the WiFi on only when you are near a known WiFi network, thus minimizing the battery use. This location is determined using surrounding cell towers, with no impact on battery consumption.
Store privately the following information about the WiFi networks you use:
- Location on a map. This way you will know where one of the networks you use is located.
- Name of the network.
- IP address.
- Maximum speed.
- Time of connection/disconnection.
In addition, in each WiFi network you can:
- Store a label to help you recognize it later.
- Store a password reminder, or the password if you want it. Since Android does not allow you to see passwords once saved, you can now use them later or share them with someone else.
- Exclude the WiFi network in location optimization. Some networks are not fixed, so you can exclude them from searching nearby networks.
- Control the master location. Useful to limit the transmission of data on insecure or unreliable networks.
THIS APP DOESN'T SHARE ANY KIND OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR WIFI NETWORKS, IT ONLY COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM THEM AND IS PRIVATELY SAVED IN YOUR PHONE.
When a new network is found, WiFi Companion will display a pop-up window that will allow you to store information and configure the network quickly without interrupting your work.
You will also have a convenient notification that will show you when your WiFi is turned on, so you can easily check if you are wasting your battery when you are not connected. It also shows the current network, the IP address and the connection/disconnection time.
The free version is supported by advertisements but you can unlock Premium version inside the app, which is valid for all devices you use. By unlocking the Premium version you can also:
- Store more than 10 networks.
- Configure more than 3 profiles.
- Enjoy WiFi Companion without ads.
Location and WiFi connection information are used by WiFi Companion to determine when WiFi should be turned on or off.
Network access is used for advertising and anonymous usage data report. The latter can be disabled in application settings.
If you have any suggestion, question, or if WiFi Companion does not work properly, contact us at email@example.com.