With more than a billion speakers around the world, Chinese language, also known as Mandarin, is the most widely spoken language on earth. As China has grown in power over the past several decades, there has been a big push worldwide for foreigners to study Chinese.
Learning a second language, any language, will always be a valuable investment of time and effort. Language-learning automatically stimulates the mind, helps you gain multi-tasking skills, and can even boost your intelligence. Besides having intellectual benefits, learning a new language can also be a gateway into a new culture, and allow for a better understanding of certain peoples and their customs.
Chinese is a fascinating and extremely rich language. It is the most spoken language on earth and is becoming increasingly important thanks to China's economic boom.
What you might already know
1. China is one of the world’s oldest and richest continuous cultures, over 5000 years old.
2. China is the most populous nation in the world, with 1.28 billion people.
3. One fifth of the planet speaks Chinese. Mandarin Chinese is the mother tongue of over 873 million people, making it the most widely spoken first language in the world.
4. In addition to the People’s Republic of China and Taiwan, Mandarin Chinese is also spoken in the important and influential Chinese communities of Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the Philippines, and Mongolia.
5. China is the second largest economy in the world.
6. China is one of largest trading partners of the United States.
7. Many US companies do business in China and have long-term investments there.
Some reasons why you should learn Chinese:
• Boost your brainpower
• Travel to exotic places
• Try amazing food
• Become more artistic
• Chinese is not as difficult as you might think
• Economically important
• Do business
• A new outlook on life
If you take up the challenge to learn Chinese, you will not only be able to communicate with Chinese natives, but more and more with other Asians who decided to learn Chinese as a foreign language themselves.
The real question is, why shouldn’t you learn Chinese?
But don’t just take my word for it—read on and discover why you really should be dropping everything and learning Chinese!
Download why learn Chinese Guide and TIps!
To your success!