Location information is shared through SMS with latitude and longitude information.
Once location information is received, this is translated into textual address and displayed in application.
Location information is accessed through google location services.
Using GPS, the latitude & longitude information, the communication is triggered via SMS having location and battery status.information
It acts as an safety application by providing present location details for the requested contact.
1) User imports the contact to request current location
2) Once imported, user request for location using "Request Location" option, and SMS is triggered to fetch the
3) Response is received via SMS and displayed in application view showing their current location, time when the response was sent and current battery status for the requested device.
The main criteria for this application :
1) GPS location services must be enabled for both the user and requested device.
2) Messaging services must be active
3) User device must be connected to internet (through wifi / mobile Data). This is required to translate the location (latitude/longitude) to textual address.
The application displays below details in its text view:
1) Name and contact number of the person for which the location request is sent.
2) Location and Time in textual representation
3) Battery Status : The requested device battery level in %
4) Latitude and Longitude information
5) Time when the location response was sent from requested device
Enhancements planned in future releases"
1) To display the information on maps, indicating the distance of requested person with respect to requester
2) Localization support for other languages