The description of Wazobia Medical ChatApp
Wazobia Medical ChatApp (WMCA), is a secure, cloud computing based health centered chat (communication) application inspired by a number of health related issues that needs urgent attention in Lagos, and Nigeria respectively. These are namely:
1. (CCOFCFC) Cervical Cancer (CC), Obstetric Fistula (OF), Club Foot (CF), and Cataract (C)
2. Improving Pain Treatment and tracking the outcomes of Pain Medications (or drugs) used by Women & Girls of Reproductive ages in Lagos, Nigeria.
a. Editorial on Improving Pain Treatment and tracking the outcomes of Pain Medications: http://handsonlabs.org/smart-research-for-improving-pain-treatment-for-expecting-mothers-in-africa/
b. MIT's Frontlines of Health:
3. Nutrition and Alcohol Outcomes: special focus on children born and living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders in Lagos, Nigeria. A very understudied area that needs prompt attention.
The Mobile application focuses on two (2) major objectives:
Firstly, to serve as a valid communication platform for hard to reach, vulnerable children, girls/women Patients of reproductive ages with any of the above listed medical cases to specialist Doctors resident in public or private Hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria for prompt medical treatment.
Secondly and also importantly, to serve as a valid health statistical measure (prevalence rate) of these medical conditions with a strong view of reducing, or possibly eradicating, and in turn applying computational Natural Language Processing (NLP) from patient outcomes or data with these medical states in Lagos, Nigeria and Africa at scale from data collated from the following links.
1. Smart Research to improve pain treatment for pregnant Women in Lagos, Nigeria:
2. CCOFCFC - Cervical Cancer, Obstetric Fistula, Club Foot and Cataract
3. Nutrition and Alcohol: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders:
HOW TO USE THIS MOBILE APPLICATION:
Simply download and install from Google play-store. Ensure you have at least a working email address, register on Wazobia Medical Application with your email and password known only to you. Future versions will make other federated logins such as Twitter, Facebook, Phone available.
For specialist Patient Cases in Lagos, get in touch with any Lagos resident based Doctor (specifically focused on treating any of the medical ailments enumerated above) in a private or public hospital. Make sure the Doctor also has this Mobile Application, then use this Mobile Chat App to communicate for appointment or discuss privately for possible scheduling of meeting a recognized medical specialist towards receiving treatment.
You can also join discussion groups created by recognized Hospitals, medical professionals in Lagos, and other States in Nigeria and or any part of Africa and educate yourself about these medical states.
Some of the things WMCA could potentially do to Health in Africa:
• Reduce running costs for Patients and Doctors
• Elevate medical care delivery
• Significantly reduce patient wait times
• optimize bed utilization
• Imensely bring down medical errors
• Improve medical care team effectiveness and Patient based outcomes
This mobile application is work in progress, periodic updates will follow.
You can support these projects and more from my official patreon page: