Washington State Department of Revenue
Use this app to find the sales and use tax rate* and code for any location in Washington. You can look up rates by your current location (using GPS), or entering an address. It’s an ideal tool if you make deliveries to your customers in multiple locations.
*Sales tax rates for lodging and motor vehicle sales and rentals are different than the general rate and are not included in this app.
This app offers features that make it easier to collect and keep track of sales tax
Calculate total amount due
• Calculate the total amount to collect from your customer—sales price plus sales tax—when you enter the amount of the sale.
Save your locations
• Keep track of the locations you’ve looked up by saving them to a list.
• The list includes: date, address, tax rate, location code, confirmation code, effective dates of the rate at that location, and—if you used the calculator—taxable amount, tax due, and total.
• Allows you to add a title to each entry for easier tracking
Share your location
• Email or text a location entry to yourself or someone else.
• The entry includes: date, address, tax rate, location code, confirmation code, effective dates of the rate at that location, and—if you used the calculator—taxable amount, tax due, and total.
• View a location on a map—either your current location (using GPS), or a location you’ve searched for.
How to look up a tax rate
Using your current location
• From the Locate view, tap the Current Location button; the system will find your present location and display the tax rate information*.
Using an address
• Tap Address, key the address into the appropriate fields.
• Tap Search. The system will find your present location and display the tax rate information*.
*Sometimes an exact match can’t be found. You may use the rate the app provides if it’s within 100 meters of the location.
Once you have the tax rate, you can:
• Calculate total amount due by tapping the Calculator tab, key in the sale amount, and tap the Save Icon. You can save or share this information along with the other information in your entry. Follow the instructions below.
• Save it to your list by entering a title (if you want one) and tapping the Save icon.
• View your list by tapping the List tab.
• Edit a title or delete an entry, by holding the entry till a menu pops up, giving you the options to Delete or Edit Title.
• Share it via text or email by tapping the Share icon.
• Save your location and confirmation code! This is your record if you’re audited.
• You can tap the Cancel button if you make a mistake.
• Use the Back button once to return to the last screen, tap back a second time to take you out of the App.
• Use the R icon to return to the search screen.
• Rates can change quarterly. Check back often to get the latest tax rate.
Working together to fund Washington’s future
2012 - 2014
All right reserved.