Here are a few ways that VidyoSlate improves the collaborative experience:
• Second screen dedicated for content. Whether you are in a conference room with multiple screens, at your desk, or on the road with your laptop, VidyoSlate gives you more room to collaborate, with a streamlined interface optimized for content viewing and annotation.
• Electronic whiteboard, so you can take notes and save annotations to slides, spreadsheets, drawings, photos, and any other content shared by anyone in the conference.
• Supplemental display for multipoint content, so you can view content shares from more than one person at a time. For example, you can view one participant’s shared content on a conference room screen or your computer monitor, and another participant’s shared content on your tablet with VidyoSlate.
• Zoom tool so you can pan and zoom in on shared content. This lets you see the big picture on your primary display while zooming in to study the details on your tablet.
• Note taker that automatically saves your annotations and whiteboard sketches on your tablet for your reference and to share with colleagues.
What’s New in Version 1.0:
- Calendar integration with tap-to-connect conference entry
- View and annotate content
- Select and view shared content from any conference participant
- Annotate shared content with pen and highlighter tools
- Share whiteboards into the conference
- Automatic capture of annotations for offline review and distribution
- Intuitive gesture controls such as “pinch” for zoom and “swipe” to pan
Like all Vidyo endpoints, VidyoSlate takes advantage of the H.264 SVC standard and Vidyo’s patented dynamic adaptation technology to deliver exceptional performance, resolution, and reliability over broadband wireless networks. VidyoSlate supplements the VidyoMobile and VidyoDesktop applications, and the VidyoRoom and VidyoPanorama multi-screen room systems, and is optimized to receive and transmit shared content (not audio or video streams). Just as with VidyoMobile and VidyoDesktop, joining a Vidyo conference with VidyoSlate consumes a VidyoLine license from the shared pool of available licenses.
This application does not require a Vidyo account but does require connection to Vidyo infrastructure through your organization or Vidyo service provider via guest link .
See the developer’s website for more information on Vidyo infrastructure components, endpoints, and system features.